I’ll be the first to admit I don’t always take a break and that when I do it isn’t always a tea break.
The cold days of January can be a great reminder to warm-up with a cup of tea. And, if you need another excuse, January is National Hot Tea Month.Whether green, black white or pu-erh, tea has health benefits.
A few of my favorite teas
Here are a few teas I enjoy drinking.
From Yogi Tea (who also includes wonderful sayings and wishes on the tea bag tags).
- Soothing Carmel Bedtime: The sweet taste makes a nice treat in the evening or later in the day.
- Breathe Deep: This tea coats my throat. It has a taste that includes licorice.
- Ginger: As I am a big fan of ginger, this gets a double thumbs up.
From Numi Organic Tea (They are a fair labor product, too.)
- Chocolate Pu-erh: This tea is one that feeds my need for sweets but without sugar.
- Basil Mint Pu-erh: The herbal taste is one I really enjoy.
- Jasmine Green: Love this with a piece of graham bread for an afternoon pick me up.
Consider tea for an intergenerational (IG) gathering
While I like in an area of coffee drinkers, I received a thumbs up when sharing a cup of tea with an older adult. It is a wonderful reason to sit and enjoy an afternoon snack with young or old. (I mean really sit down and taste the food.) Making an IG gathering for afternoon tea can be a smile producer.
Add a little music in the back ground or sing a few songs.
Share your favorite tea in the comments below.