This includes me. I pack my calendar with lots of things to do – sessions, blog posts, marketing, presentations. And then something happens like my spring break. Things get in the way and there is no margin for recovery.
About two weeks, I came across an article on margins which I shared in a few Facebook groups. Some of you commented it was something you had considered or an area where you felt you were failing.
This week I have tried to take a realistic look at my schedule.
- What is a realistic target gross income for my business?
- What is the mix of offerings that will help me meet this goal?
- When do I want to hold sessions?
- What will those sessions be?
- What do I need to charge for these sessions to meet that gross income goal?
- What marketing will this require?
- What are my plans for my blog and for Session Cafe?
Sounding familiar? Whether you are self-employed or an employee, there is a balance that has to occur.
Honestly, one of the deciding factors for my returning to private practice was an employer wanting my position structured in a way that didn’t leave time for preparation.
I need your help! Please comment (or email me) with an answer to this question: