Sing about beauty
Many of my morning sessions include “Oh, What a Beautiful Morning“. After singing the third verse (“All the sounds of the earth are like music.”) pause to ask the sounds they find beautiful.
Other familiar songs include:
- Beautiful Dreamer
- America the Beautiful
- All Things Bright and Beautiful
- Everything is Beautiful
Move in beauty to
- A Beautiful Morning (The Rascals)
- You Are So Beautiful
Songs to encourage a discussion on beauty
Play recordings of these songs as your group gathers or as you set-up. Depending upon your group, further discussion or song writing around these can be added.
- The Most Beautiful Girl in the World
- Beautiful Boy
- Mirror Mirror (Barbara Mandrell)
Possible items for discussion:
- Have images of famous movie stars. Discuss what made them beautiful.
- Discuss what attributes make a person beautiful. Encourage discussion beyond physical characteristics.
- Discuss mirrors.
- Who likes looking in them?
- What about themselves to they like?
Close your discussion with guided reflection while playing The Mirror (from “The Mirror Has Two Faces“).