It is time to start adding songs from the 1970’s to your repertoire.Younger generations (those born in 1950’s on) are starting to show in senior living communities. It is time to start learning and including the music of their youth and 20’s.
Yes, you need a push to do this. (Ever notice the limited number of 1960’s-70’s being shared in music therapy and activity director groups?)
No, I’m not kidding! It is a low number!
Several years ago, Music Sparks shared the top 10 Pop and top 10 Country songs from 1970s . This list builds upon it. Below, you’ll see a few highlights.
Why not the whole list? Because….
- It can be to have a printed list you can use with clients. They can select songs to sing from it.
- You can use one list for yourself. Mark through the ones you don’t know. Note which ones you’d like to prioritize learning.
This list includes:
- American Pie
- Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Coalminer’s Daughter
- Delta Dawn
- I Will Survive
- I Write the Songs
- Put a Little Love in Your Heart”
- Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head
- Rhinestone Cowboy
- Rose Garden
- Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree
- Time in a Bottle
- Top of the World,
- The Wedding Song
- You Light Up My Life
Act on this list!
- Get your PDF here.
- Print it out – twice.
- Comment below with how many of the songs you already know.
- Share one song you plan to learn within the next month.